I work with a doula partner, Dori Harrison and we are both DONA trained doulas. We also occasionally partner with Amanda Peters and Jane Ritchie. We are constantly upgrading our skills and abilities to better support women, their loved ones, and their caregivers during pregnancy and labour. We minimize distraction, provide information, help with your comfort, and create safety and security so that you can do what you need to do to birth your baby.
We help with practical skills for you and your partner to draw on, as well as perspective, information, and a bag of tricks to help in your labour. We actively support each other, so that whichever doula is on call, you still benefit from all of our experience, alternative training, reading, and research.
We will be strong and rooted when you need us to hold space.
All births are different, and yours will be unique. Our focus is to hear your wishes and encourage you to trust your abilities. Birth is a flowing, instinctive experience. We are there to help you find your rhythm and strength, to find the wisdom in yourself that has always been there.
We believe that birth is an intense transition and an experience both unique and personal. It is also natural, human, and possible; a rich and rewarding journey. Regardless of how or where you birth, we believe that your growing family deserves the sort of listening, respect, and care that supports you on your path to parenthood.
As a team of two doulas, we ensure that you always have the best we have to offer – our combined expertise, the resources and knowledge of each of us, a doula you have connected with in any circumstance, and a fresh doula if your labour requires it.
OUR DOULA SERVICES
As doulas, we provide emotional and physical support, as well as information, perspective, and experience. We are excited for you! We’d love to hear about your excitement, worries, questions, and wishes. We are confident that however your baby comes into this world, if you are safe and supported, your birth will be a day to remember with love and pride.
We do not provide clinical services to you or your baby, but rather help you work with your caregivers so that you are your own best advocate.
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment, please contact us at melistopher97 at Yahoo.com
Standard Birth Package With a Birth Team- $1000
- Our team will meet with you twice prenatally.
- We will be available by phone, email, and text to answer questions, and have a lending library we’re happy to share.
- We can help you frame questions to ask busy caregivers so that your concerns are addressed and answered.
- Because we work as a team, you will usually have one of our doulas with you quickly even if you go into labour prior to full term. After 37 weeks, we will make sure one of us is ready to come at a moment’s notice.
- One of us will arrive to help you in early labour, and will stay with you as you need through your labour until you give birth.
- While attending your labour and birth, your doula will provide her experience, her hands, and her heart. We can suggest things, support your partner, or follow your lead, as you most wish. With our mamas we’ve gone for long walks, had a dance party, made food, filled and emptied pools, given massage, talked things through, and more…
- After your baby arrives, your doula will stay for an hour or two, as you wish. She can help establish breastfeeding, take pictures, and help your new family settle in.
- One of your team of doulas will visit you once or twice postpartum as needed by you, and will continue to be an email and phone resource as needed.
- We bring an Elle Tens machine www.elletens.ca
- We can connect you with doula colleagues who rent out birthing pools.
Postpartum Doula Services
We offer postpartum doula services. The postpartum support can include help with breastfeeding and baby care, mom and couple care, sibling support, light cleaning, food preparation, and someone to talk to about the powerful and sometimes challenging transition to being a new parent.
$25 an hour (4 hour minimum)